the lads

Bulletin Board for the lads
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:45 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Hidely ho peoples. Well, christmas has come and gone, and thankfully im fully aware of most of it.

Thursday before christmas i went down to MEnai to visit my aunt Linda and drop off some presents for my little cousins. They had a present for me too, a sweet t-shirt and the Jet album (cool 8) ). I came home that evening and went to a party out in Bondi. Load of young ones from cork were having it. Come eleven it was getting way too mental, so i decided to leave. I know i know, how could a party be too mental for one James P Phelan. Well when a guy has electricuted himself on the christmas lights, theres a girls (not sure about that) from longford running around in a cork jersey rugby tackling everyone, and not in a fun way, and glass smashed all over the floor isnt detering people from taking off their shoes and dancing in it, well, i think its time to hit the highway

I went in to durty's to meet dave and carl and all the lads. THat was a laugh, i got there with about twenty seconds to go before closing time. So we headed on into town, to teh Empire in Kingscross. Kev told us that the english girls he met in Thailand were there, so on we went. Was a bit of a mad place, Kev wasnt even allowed in, he was "Too Casual" madness. Me and dave did get in though. Had a few conversations with the various girls, one being a very sound scottish girl. After that we headed to scubar, jugs of beer till god knows what time

Christmas Eve was a quiet affair for yours truly, i didnt even go out!! Beano did though, met up with Kev and the crowd of english birds with him. Arrived back in appartment with a crate of large bottles of cider though. Cheers dave

Christmas day was a good one. Started off up in bennys place, smoked salmon (just some nice cheese for me though), Kathleen's gorgeous brown bread, pink champagne, and pressies!!!

We went down to our main event in coogee then, the Cushin Lounge in the Crowne Plaza. Bernards friend Kev (yes another Kev, try to keep up lads) met us with his fiánce. More champagne followed, for free i might add. Then onto the dinner, and three hours of free food and alcohol. It was excellent. Seafood for starters. Not sure about breaking the heads off shimp to eat them though, was decidely messy. Smoked muscles arent bad, neither are prawns. BEnny of course went mad on the sea food, a plate full of oysters!! Beano had a plate full of smoked salmon. The main course was just as impressive, and i must say the Ham was bloody lovely, as was the Veal :lol: . Beer continued to be a staple of the menu all through, with the staff getting so tired of getting us scunar they just brought us jugs instead!!!

After the food had finished we stayed on in the place for a few hours, getting stuck into a few IRish spirits myself, while everyone else went headlong into everyones favourite russian tipple, with a dash of red bull, and a slice of lime.

On we went to the Shanty bar after that, where we proceded to skull a crate of beer, a bottle of blue label, and a few jameson. I then decided to do my favourite party trick, seeing how long i can stand still with my eyes closed!!! Anyway, i didnt last long, a few hours, then got up and went home. All was well at the home stead, so i fell asleep on the couch

The photos will be up soon

My Amazon Wishlist