the lads

Bulletin Board for the lads
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Brilliant Friday
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:14 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

So, as per every good friday, we decided that since the only thing we werent supposed to do was go drinkin, we decided to go drinkin.

Started off out in a bar called the Oxford Tavern. Interesting place, kind of inner dublin meets beiruit. Didnt stay too long, coady and tom joyce met us there and we toddled off into town, to scruffy murphy's. On the way in we found out that all the bars in town were closing at 10. BUgger it, onyl three hours left when we found that out.

Needless to say much acting of the maggot occurred. But in he end time won, as it inevitably does.

But beano and myself were not satisified. This insult by time upon our day of drinking would be dealt with post haste. It was with this mindset that we allowed the alcohol compass to take over and it guided us to not only an establishment that still served alcohol, but wold be open till four in the morning.

As is the way in these tales, there was a downside. It was a chinese social club, and me and dave, no matter how many times we aked for "Flied Lice" were about as chinese as we are made of shagpile carpet.

Luckily it didnt matter, and after signing in, we proceeded to the main bar, and got stuck into the Tulamore Dew, sweet :twisted:

After a few of these we got chatting to a few people at the booth in which we were sitting. After another few of these we knew the life story of everyone in the club. Three in the morning, leaving our minds behind us, we headed for the nearest maccers, which was actually on the way home. I love it when a plan comes together!!!

Photos to follow

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:36 pm 
Jameson
Jameson

Actually what jim forgets is the fact that we were having a highly intellectual discussion about something that neither of us can remember,in the club, when everyone just seemed to want to join us for a drink, and i can tell ya it's pretty funny hearing a jap say slainte ya cunt ya. of course we were the last to leave too. I tell ya you can take us out of christies but you know yourselves. If we rang any of ye, sorry but don't really remember too much of that, if ye could do a bit of filling in that would be much appreceiated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:16 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

ah why u no listen?? :lol:
the vietnam war is over.....bu nobody told chuck norris....