the lads

Bulletin Board for the lads
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Seoul, Day 4 (ish)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:28 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Well, we've done some sightseeing (very little), and drank some Soju, and eaten some local food (Whopper Meal, Pepperoni Pizza, oh, and some Chicken Intestine, and some Muscles, Squid, and a weird looking fish)

We went out on the batter on Monday with Ciara, but she had to go home after a bit, she had to work. Made some Korean friends, but one drank my beer, so i crossed him off the christmas card list. Anyway, none of us remember getting back to the hotel, but there are pictures of me (inevitably) falling asleep next to some big ass monument!!! When we woke up the next day, all of us spookily at the same time, we realised that it wasnt day, but night. 10pm to be precise. We had slept a good 14 hours!!!! So we have a new formulae:

X = 14 hours on planes getting to Korea
Y = Shit Load Of Beer
Z = 3 Irish

X+Y+Z = sweating in the bed, sound asleep!!

Anywho we went out last night, was feckin brilliant. Started in a Soju tent, which is basically a big plastic sheet held up on poles (not a dome tent coady) where you go to eat anything they can catch (cats, chicken, fish, old ladys who cant get away fast enough) and drink Soju. Now this soju stuff, tis feckin brilliant, given to man from the hand of Lucifer himself. Doesnt burn as it goes down, virtually no taste, and hits you like you slept with its sister!!

After this we went to a bar, that was vaguely familiar. After the first drink we realised that we had already been in it on Monday night!!!

Well one drink led to twelve, and the bar staff threw us out some free cocktails, a combination that went like this: Vodka, gin, rum, and fruit juice. Quite tasty actually.

After the bar we went to this Kareoke place, and it was feckin brilliant. Brought in 1.5l bottles of beer, and sang our hearts out for an hour, U2'd the shit outta it!!!!

Fell back to our shitty hotel, and watched Spaceballs!!!

Korea is a mad place, but it feckin stinks. Cant wait for sunday and Sydney!!!

Thats about all i have to say. I have a buttload of pics, but no way to throw them up yet. L8rs

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:54 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

hey lad wats de craic??
you'll be thrilled to hear dat its abs feckin miserable here in limerick weather wise (nothing changes!!).
pretty dead around here at the minute, goin travelling the week after next with work, glasgow for a conference, then on2 london for family parties (2 n 1 weekend, we don't see each other all year and then!!) and then onto rome for another conference, be good to out of dodge here for a while!!

seoul sounds like a cracker of place to go to alright, fallin asleep in the streets already, talk about a home from home.
dat soju stuff sounds class, be sure to bring home a litre or seven.

when r ur pics goin up btw??

take it easy anyways, give us a shout when u hit oz,
all the best
ninger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:02 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

I wont be able to put up the pics until i get a net connection for the lapper. Hopefully Bernard will have one in his gaff, if not maybe i can convince a net cafe to let my use theirs.

Jaysus lad, sounds like you found some compromising pictures of someone in the college, thats some load of travel your getting out of them. remember, ask for a receipt for everything ("Can of coke please, and a receipt with that")

I wont be getting my parchment until christmas, but it doesnt matter, Jim Buckley said that if anyone needs proof to ring him and he'll explain. the hole problem was with the new coputer system that they installed last year. Feckin college, wouldnt even consult the COMPUTER SCIENCE department before they bought the piece of shit, i mean one of the best Computer Scientists in the world is working there, fuckin U.L., bloody typical buereucrats

My Amazon Wishlist