the lads

Bulletin Board for the lads
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: One Year Older
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:36 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Well its happened again, ive aged another year and still not found out what responsibility is!!!

We had a good weekend of it though.

Friday night we went to see a Super 12's game (Rugby with twelve players). Was excellent craic, got stuck into the VB at the game, it tasted like muck but it didnt matter.

From there we went to Durty Nelly's and had a good auld scoop. Benny got mouldy and had to leave. Katleeen later told me that he was calling her for about an hour giving out about not being able to get a taxi. HA HA drunkeness and directions, like oil and water, kelly and fiona large, ninger and john colfer, mark smyth and the a.m. half of the day, some things just dont work well together..

From then on myself and beano and coady had another few drinkies, but the lads decided to head home to be able to get up the next morning. At the time i was full of beer and thought i was the man, and declared that work could go and stick its head up its own hole, and headed into a metal club i found a few months ago.

Unfortunately it is now under new management and the git on the door doesnt like me, feckin aussie git, half doc hore's size, and gayer than a guy in the george wearing leather jeans and a pink fluffy vest.

I got talking to this other guy in the queue, and eventually the asexual langer on the door let us in. The guy i was talking to looked exactly like Slash out of Guns N Roses. Kinda Cool. Met his friends then. I thought i was after meetig up with some GNR tribute band, Duff, McKagan, Axl and even Izzy were there, all playing pinball on a, get this, Guns N Roses pinball machine. The humor was not lost on yours truely, and i had to helped up off the ground.

Next morning i got a phonecall from a disappointed employer, namely Jay Joyce, telling me to get my arse into work this minute. I did. And made it in time. A small miracle in my books. Anyway, as i was just about to be late, i fecked my bag, with my MP3 player under a bush and headed for the site, not even thinking of putting my stuff in the lockers provided. D'OH. Went back at break time, bag gone. Oh well, shit happens is all i can say.

So, work progressed as pretty much everyone expected. The entire site could have done with a handfull of morphene tablets. Hangovers abounded, and the boss that i'm working for (not jay, he just pays me) decided on this day to tell us all that if we were caught doing nothing we were finished there. Prick.

Anyway, finished work at one, headed home. Got home and got changed and headed to Coogee Beach with a bit of food (6 Pork Chops, 6 Salmon Steaks, 1kg Cooked Prawns, 6 Chicken Wings) and met up with Benny and Kathleen to celebrate my non stop march to the coffin!!!! Sweet.

Much beer was bought, and a good few of the lads we all know arrived, and more beer was bought. Jay Joyce managed to make it down, and was extreemly happy, laughing the whole time....

Anyway, Kathleen had made up about ten of her spicy burgers, and there were bloody lovely. We also had about 2kg of rump steak left over from the camping trip (frozen since we bought it) and that went down a treat.

After the food was gone, everyone got stuck into some beer, then some more beer. Then it got dark. A few of the lads had to head on, i wasnt paying attention to the reasons so i cant tell you why. Gers german friends arrived and thusly discussions about the consumption of disco biscuits and the signifigance of Darth Vader on german culture began. I was not the instigator of the Darth Vader dibate, benny was. Oh that reminds me, benny got me a Lightsaber for my birthday, feckin pure class, lights up and makes sounds and everything!!!

After this we headed to the coogee bay hotel, and it starts to get hazy. After a few beers, i went to the bog and decided to make a few phone calls (you know who you are, i am truly sorry about my drunken ramblings, excelt to kevin morgan, expect to hear from my solicitor.. :wink: )

I left the toilet, but upon checking my pockets i was unable to find any trace of my phone. I took a moment and thought to myself, hmm, this is something of a quandary wrapped by an enigma, inside in a stamped addressed mystery, delivered by a predicament, where, oh where is my portable cellular telecommunications device. Unfortunately my mouth got the following instruction, and top volume, FUCKING BASTARD WHERE'S ME FECKIN PHONE

So i looked around the toilet, down the toilet, then i traced my steps back to the pub, then had one of the lads ring it while i went back to the toilet to see if any slimshady had a phone ringing with the gremlins theme tune on it. Nope, no one had such a phone. So, now pure bull tick with the whisky in me, i decided not to ruin everyones night by going on like a bollox, and jumped into a taxi (i expect to be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for that by the way) and headed home.

I paid the taxi driver and jumped out of the taxi, and heard a clatter behind me, that moved past my right leg and on two or so metres in front of me, straight into the path of an on coming car. My portable cellular telecommunications device had decided its game of hide and seek had gone on too long, and come to the conclusion that suicide would teach me a leason. Luckily my ninja reflexes and immunity to cars helped me run and snatch the little silver bollox from the rubber tyre ending it was looking for.

Gave serious thought to going back to Coogee, but decided i had had enough, especially since by the time i made a decision i had gone to bed and it was now sunday and i was hungover.

There is not only photographic evidence but also video evidence, coady ya feckin luuder

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:06 am 
Snakebite
Snakebite

happy birthday to you happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear jimmmmmmmmmyyyyyy. Happy birthday to you. :wink: Good to see had a great bday jim. I was the victim of a similar crime on the weekend! Some bastared broke into my car stealing by college bag, all by semester 1 notes gone d week before exams ahhhhh. Might get them back, hopefully. This horrific crime happen whilst I was out consuming way too much beer. 3 irish girls+ 3 english girls + 1 canadian girl = Table Top Dancing in The Shed. Great nite had by all, celebrated your birthday with great success. I'm even starting to get back some of by motor skills such as talking and speaking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:41 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

happy birthday jim, glad it was celebrated with the manner of decorum such an event deserves :twisted:

who loves the big dawg??

mental 5 :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:52 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

ya know ninger, sometimes you do something and i just loose all faith in you

then you do something like this, and totally redeem yourself

(cheers Harry and Lloyd for the inspiration)

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:54 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

i can get 35 miles to the gallon on this hog, saddle up partner.
how's the front of your arse after the weekend??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:57 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

surprisingly fresh and pleasant. I tore the balls out of my work jeans today, i'll post up a picture in a while, and basically it was an Irish day in sydney, howling winds, bitting rain, and a prick of a boss shouting at us!!!

Oh well, did show off the boxers to a nice looking girl on the way home who actually thought they were quite nice (she told me). Then hid the hole with my hard-hat (photo of that coming aswell)

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:00 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

i give u zoe slater, we get work jeans with the balls ripped out, must review this irish-oz barter system we have running here. was deadly weather both in limerick and at home over the weekend, got sunburnt playing soccer on sunday :D , u can set ur watch for sunshine when the exams start in ul and for a monsoon on the saturday they finish, hee hee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:16 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

okey dokey, in the interest of fair play, actually no, i have to be the upholder of marals around here, i do run the site afterall (bugger it anyway, there's that responsibility ive been so effectively dodging all these years)

Anyway, behold:

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:26 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

with the size of the hole in dem jeans, u could uphold marals, murals and morals :lol:

and a 24 hour petrol station if you're that way inclined :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:28 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

as you can all plainly see, i have been eating my wheatabix!!

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:46 am 
Pint
Pint

Lá breithe shona Seamus, sad to see those pesky mobile devices are still causing you much confusion - wallet, keys and phone in fridge a case in point. Great that you got to meet GnR's little brothers on your bday, who wouldnt want that, though the description you gave of the gay doorman, everyone in leather, all dudes , could mean that the bar might not be as metal as you think........

Nice on Damo, mental 5 right back at ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:55 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

used to be a metal club till two weeks ago, now it sucks, feckin chart music everywhere, teeny boppers, and the old regulars right in the middle, white make-up, leather trousers, piercings, marylin manson t-shirts, really weird. all the metallers are afraid to touch the boppers!!!

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:20 pm 
Snakebite
Snakebite

good man lad.

Had a bit of a weird night the weekend tbh. Doctor decided he wanted to talk to the bastard, so he did.

I was well upset with him. I got this weird feeling i sometimes get, however the pub had stopped serving and we had been delivered into the night. the well everything is going dandy trick followed by a blink, followed by its 8:55am on sunday and im in my bed dead to the world. Have to say it was fun. I then proceeded to exercise my rights as the first one up to wake everyone else. Colin/Doc/Niamh called and woken and demanded to be in the anchor for breakfast. Colin didn't turn up ... but we all went golfing. The funniest day ever. Poor ryan was bolloxed hahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA. hah. hahaha. hah.

Anyways - Jim its all good here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:26 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

doctor is talking to barbara. intersting. very interesting.

good to hear things havent changed much.

We may plan a big session for when we get back, serious beering to be done!!

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:44 pm 
Snakebite
Snakebite

there a good liver supplier out there?

We could do with a few dozen over here as the whole 10 year keg thing is coming up ... well its already started for us. Me and the bald one were in the pub every day last week ...