Bulletin Board for the lads
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Airlie Beach
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:02 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Holy moly, what a place to visit.

So, me and jen left Magnetic island a day ahead of the lads, cos i wanted to get to Airlie and meet up with the ninger lad!! So we had a nice long bus journey and got to airlie around mid afternoon

After booking in we got our rooms and walked down to the place. Outside the lodge was a very familiar looking lazy figure, Ninger, sweet as bro, they were staying next door to us.

Needless to say we had a good first day in Airlie, and a great night!! finished up around 4am, break dancing around the place, then i fell asleep, oh well!!

The next day me and jenny went and booked our sailing trip around the whitsundays with Quinner. 9am was sailing time, we were on our way, and had no idea of what to expect!!!

That night quinner got to airlie and we got stuck into some serious beer. Unfortunately we forgot to go and get our beer for the trip and when we remembered all the bottle shops had closed NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not to worry, we were politely informed that the bottle shops accomodate such unorganised people and open at 8am!! WOO HOO

Next morning, fall out of bed, straight to bottle shop, 60 cans of Tooheys and 24 Carlton (for jenny). Onto the bus, and off for the marina!!

Got to the marina and saw our boat for the first time, and actual sailing boat, called the Apollo. I was excited, but jenny i think was expecting more of a cruise ship!!! HA HA HA

So we boarded the Apollo and got under way.

We got introduced to our crew, Skipper Johnny (legend), the deck hands Cara and Rob, and the cook, Harriet (harry). Things started to really look up when Johnny announced that only his choice in music would be tolerated and as such there would be no pop music of any kind!! SWEET!!!

Then we were told that we would be helping out with the hoisting of the sails and any maneuvers that would be performed. Very cool!!

Anyway, onto the sailing. After a brief lecture about safety, me and quiner got stuck into the hoisting of the sails. We were the absolute masters of it!!

So we went sailing around the whitsundays, seeing on the way Eagles, whales, turtles and a butt load of fish

We even got to go scuba diving on the reef!!! Sweet, it came very naturally to me, but quinner and jenny had a bit of trouble with it. Anyway, it was amazing, i say a Ray of some sort, probably a stingray, and loads of fish and coral, it was so cool!!

After that we had lunch on the boat, and it was excellent!! seriously, the food on the boat was amazaing, fair play harry, your a star

After that we sailed to another cove where we anchored up and got stuck into the beer!!! great night, got trollied with Johnny and Rob, talking pure guff for hours, then passing out on deck!!! cool!!

Next day we all didnt fancy some sailing, but we had to, and it was a bit rough, but we soldiered on. We got to Whithaven beach in the afternoon and anchored up for the night. We got to go over to teh beach for a few hours while dinner was prepared. Very cool, just look at the pictures of the beach on any website.

Had another great night on the boat, but didnt have much beer available, cos we had drank the lot of it the night before!!!

anyway, the next day we had another great day sailing, pulled into a cove around the corner from Whithaven and got to see turtles and stuff around the boat, very cool.

We headaed for port around mid-day, and and got to see whales and everything on the way in.

We had a great three days altogether. Johnny and the crew were excellent, and i will def be recommending Prosail and the Apollo to anyone coming to the whitsundays!!

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:25 am 
Zinfindel
Zinfindel

Sounds fecking fantastic