the lads

Bulletin Board for the lads
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:31 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Well its been a while since i posted any of my musings here, and there have been many musings, considerations, transient nodes of thought, random guff, etc.

Recap of the last few weeks:

* Got a new job, woo hoo, working for Kelly, which is cool, at least i dont have that whole awkward "Getting to Know you" phase. The job is excellent, serious experience, which is good, but lots of clients and talking which is bad. My traditional "Your too stupid for the Internet, leave me alone" approach doesnt really fly here, so ive had to addapt and overcome, "Your not too stupid for the internet, your ISP is, leave me alone!!"

* Moved in with the ginger one. Yep, Me and Kelly now share a living space, in pauls sister's house (big-up ya-self Fiona, brave woman).

* Buying a car. Hells yeah baby, going to get myself a form of internal combustion based automotive vehicle!!! After i get driving lessons, one of which ive already had and the instructor was more than impressed, cos im just brilliant (i'm not arrogant, i just have an over-abundance of self-esteem). So in a couple of weeks, i should be the proud owner of a drove to shit VW Passat, and more importantly, a method to move around Ireland of my on choosing!! Must get some aviator shades for myself!!

* Gym: Well, distinct lack of one. Well not lack of one, just lack of joining one. Gonna have to do this soon, lack of physical activity is messing up my delicate physical balance!! (Consumption of Beer is greater than Consumption of Salads and shit). Plus eating way too much takeout, no time to buy any food to cook for myself!!

* Social Life: Been interesting, went to Kilkenny last weekend, didnt realy go as planned, but had a damned good night with Rory and Clare, Cat and the graces were scuttered!!! We managed to get into the VIP room in the venue for free, sweet, cheers Rory's friend (think his name waas dave)

So this weekend, Colin and Marianne are off to Oz, boo hoo, but good luck lads, you better be on this site ASAP. Beano and Ningers birthdays, gonna be hectic, better have a camera somewhere!!

In the words of my buccaneer ancestor Big Bull Jim, the scourge of the Barrow - "Avast ya scurvy Bar Man, prepare to be boarded"

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:51 am 
Zinfindel
Zinfindel

So your not coming to Limerick tonight then :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:54 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

dj getting the lads to leave co kilkenny, never mind leinster, requires military precision organisation, 3 months planning permission in advance, laods of red tape and a special occassion. they were coming down to limerick for a weekend all summer ya know. although when jimmy gets his motor on that could all change soon :lol:

still it's only a 2 and a half hour spin from carlow to limerick (knock off an hour if kelly's behind the wheel :twisted: ) and they know where my gaff, the stables and town is, so they could always finish work early, go into the chemist, hand in that prescription i wrote them for a pair of testicles and CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM on down :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:25 am 
Pint
Pint

I'll drive down!!!!!!
Wud have to come back tomorrow though for Maz and Colin's do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:09 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Oh well son of a bitch. I completly forgot about drinkies in the town that consumes the most stanley blades in the world. Oh well, gonna have to make up for it tomorrow!! Ninger, shall we re-arrange some pub furniture!! DJ, come to graig, mon, mon, have a mad weekend altogether!!

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:58 pm 
Zinfindel
Zinfindel

could well make it up to Graig, as long as I can make it to Dublin on Sunday and watch my Cork ladies kick some Galway ass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:26 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

abso-fukin-lutely, as long as you have a vehicle.

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:28 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Ninger, bring your camera, we need additional evidence of intelligent life on a sunday morning

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:29 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

hey lou, we'll be up to graigue saturday evening alrite for colin's do, spot on no bother, jim i'll bring me camera as well.

dj if u go to graigue you'll probably never leave. you'll end up working for blacknight as their sports technician trying to get jimmy and kelly fit. years later you'll earn millions in royalties as tom cruise will base mission impossible 3 on your hours of labour :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:35 pm 
Pint
Pint

Sorry lads but that's already my job!!
And a whopping great chore it is!!
But ya know, I could always do my PhD on it. I mean it would be a new discovery in the area of Exercise Physiology and Dietetics - might do wonders for the health of lazy shits all over the globe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:43 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

do u mean the world or just the pub in graigue??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:44 pm 
Pint
Pint

Well I meant the world, but now that you mention it.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:46 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

little acorns lou little acorns :lol: trying to get spud and rhino fit would be a reality tv series on its own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:51 pm 
Pint
Pint

Ha ha. I know its one hell of a task but I'll be in Carlow next year too and it'll be my personal mission. Ever see that episode of friends where Monica tries to get Chandler fit? I can see it now - shorts, trainers, whistle, belting the door down at 6am for their daily 10K (to start anyway). I won't be too mean!!

They're going to kill me, dismember me and dispose of the evidence aren't they? :shock: And then spend the rest of their lives talking guff and computer nerd crap and laughing about the time they contemplated getting up off their arses!!!! It'll be a story in Valley of the Drunks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:42 pm 
Zinfindel
Zinfindel

It's going to take one hell of a treadmill to hold jimmy, it would take a team of technicians to fix it :twisted: