Bulletin Board for the lads
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bank Holiday Weekends
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:30 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Friday:

Friday was a pretty slow day in work so we decided to leave a bit early. Paul and I got home, but he had to head to help someone with their email. So i ate some pizza from the night before, and washed it down with beers. 4 or so.

Lou came up, and we toddled off to go for the weekly bowling game, and were joined by pauls friend Dennis and his girlfriend Paula. So we played. I sucked. badly. blamed the beer, what else could it be!!

After that we went back to the house to get ready for beering. Between arriving at the house and leaving again, we managed to polish off most of the crate of miller. Nyumm yumm

We went to Dinn Ri first, to meet up with pauls friend dennis again. All fun and games. Onwards to the barracks, and much drinking. In or around my 4th bottle of miller i decided that i was full and went for a tasty beverage to wash down the conversation. Not that Dennis & co were not interesting. I just wasnt interested is all...

Anyway, onto Foundry and additional drinking and then dancing (this is getting scary)

After the foundry i had a chance to demonstrate my amazing diplomatic skills. Rang taxi office, "Hello, im heading to 74 the Willows", "Is that Jimmy?" "It is yeah", "No bother luv, one of the lads is outside superquinn now, he'll wait there and turn off the light for ya and everything" Grandest

Saturday:

Left Carlow at 9, lou driving. She had to be in ross for 10, ish. Made the house in graig fine, and on she went. Saturday was pretty much a "me" day. Did not a thing. till 8ish, when i decided that a session was called for. So out we went, and a good night was had by all. Met up with rory even!! Good lad, hows the coddle???

We went to the anglers then, and i was greeted by Queen as soon as i had my drink (William, grab the air where ever you are right this minute in recognition!!!)

Session afterwards was required, so i purchased 4 cans of coke. I was met by various looks of bewilderment from all around me. Slowly, one by one, the pennies dropped. told the lads i'd meet them in coady's afterward, i had to collect a special friend. So i made the great trek up high street, out to my house, emptied some out fo date Mi Wadi down the sink, and half filled with said special friend!! Nyumm yumm

Back into teh coady lads place, where a bit of hooley was taking place. Cant really recall leaving, but i did, but not before taking all my special friend back home with me, inside me that is!!!

Sunday:

Rough to be sure, but filled with bravery, courage, heroic determination, and requirement to kill hangover. Down to barrons, around 4 ish.

"Bottle of coke there Jeremy"

"Jaysus, thats a sick man"

"Where, oh, right, eh, better make it a large botte so"

So, on the cider i went, and it was nice. really nice. We decided to move ourselves into the snug, and sat down for a few hours. When we eventually did decide to leave, or get a round, or whatever, when i got up the stool wanted to come with me. DOH. A THOUSAND CURSES UPON YOU FOUL WRIGLEYS, MAY SCURVY CURSE YOUR FAMILY, AND FUN RASHES PLAGUE YOUR LOINS. I had sat in chewing gum. Not impressed.

From there we were joined by more intrepid adventurers in the form of Ninger, Kelly and Sue. And on to the chinese for some tactical fodder.

From there the night took the usual bank holiday weekend display of debauchery, including Beano singing, hairy bacon providing massive laughs in the Globe, William Delaney being scored 5.5 out of 10 by some bird, then a party in Perry Fenlons, where Lou was awoken by ninger and nearly removed his face. Nice girl really, sometimes......

Monday:

We got our breakfast on, thanks mainly to Lou for cooking it, though i was injured in the hunt for the food (damned bumpy road crossings). We went to the cinema, pretty sure any more beer could have triggered a critical mass cataclysmic chain reaction in my belly.

Am i missing anything?

Would others like to post their Bank Holiday Weekend stories? DJ, Rory?

My Amazon Wishlist