the lads

Bulletin Board for the lads
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:57 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

A long time ago (259200 seconds give or take) a brave group of adventurers stuck forth from the calm community of Carlow, on a mission of consumption and craic, for the lawless lands of Limerick (man, this stuff almost writes itself!!)

Friday, May 19th, our intrepid trio arrive at their home-from-home, the Kilmurray lodge. After booking in, they immediatly begin to perform their warm up session for the coming battle (general slagging of docs bald head, bit o wrestling, slagging me on wearing a t-shirt under my top all the time etc.)

Our local scout (Breandain) signalled us that the place to be was Bubbalicious. I thought that sounded awful suspect, as under normal conditions Breandain wouldnt even say the word Bubbalicious. My suspicions were confirmed as our scout was not able to cotrol his mirth (the prick was trying to send us to a gay bar, the langer)

Onwards our triad of explorers, to the street of O Connell, and from there to a tavern, Finnegans. The oldest of old man pubs in all of limerick!!

Our scout eventually showed himself, and after a quick greeting, we got the beers in. Breandain had three friends already in the pub, so they joined us.

Flannery's was good craic, but we required more, as all good addicts are want to declare.

To be Continued

Continued 23-May-2006; 13:43

So our trio had doubled in size, and we were all looking for a drinkie. It was decided that a stroll to Molly;s was required, but upon getting there we discovered to our horror that Molly's was closed, for a change!!

We looked at each other, and someone mentioned the name that sent tremors into everyones soul. Costello's

After a bit of wrangling with the owner, we got in, had a few cans (the only other place i know of outside of graig that serves cans!!) a few shots, and awhisky. Kelly boy got chatted up by a fairly nice lady, myself and Breandain playing the wingman roles to the best of our ability (quite bloody excellently actually), but nothing happened, why im not so sure, he will have to fill that one in (Ninger will of couse bless him as a needle)

Anyway, we toddled off back to the hotel then, and got stuck into some he-man rugger pints courtesy of the money grabbing tomas (foreign prick)

It was around 5-ish when i made it to bed, i was up drinking with my stunt double (a crazy bearded fucker from cork) with a bunch of girlies on a hen night, including one from thomastown ( i was kind of afraid she'd recognise me!!!). We convinced the girls that myself and cork-lad were friends, and first met in Lithuania, where he broke down while driving to Moscow, and i happened to be living at the time!! And they feckin bought it!! Helped that they were full of vodka!!

And so the big day arrived, Saturday May 20th

However before i continue this on, i would like to hear from one of the Galway contingent on their morning expidition to the Shannon-side tavern of Clohessy's...

My Amazon Wishlist

Last edited by jimmy on Tue May 23, 2006 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:05 pm 
Pint
Pint

In my defence,I thought that the 'adventurers' would like to expand their horizons a bit, and that bubblicious would be the perfect place to do it, what with Jims handlebar moustache and all.

Big shout out to Kelly and an Dochtuir also for both putting me up and putting up with me...the cheques in the post lads!

Also, thanks to Tomas our resident barman for keeping the craic going.

I'm in detox for the next month and will be uncontactable![/u]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:50 pm 
Snakebite
Snakebite

Was that where you were all this this weekend then Jimmy? Taking the handle bars for a weekend in Limerick.

You actually mised two of the graig ghosts out on saturday nite.

Firey and Da Fitz.. ...I thought it was christmas time or something to see them both out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:33 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

seens as the lads in galway aren't writing anything, you might as well just finish of this tale of too much ale your self jim....