the lads

Bulletin Board for the lads
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:02 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Wow, what a feckin weekend. Ive got to say, this year is just feckin brilliant!!!

Friday:

I went for dinner with Barbara, i ate Zebra, feckin Zebra, and it was bloody lovely, like amazingly lovely.

Went for a few drinks then and met up with Niamh from work and her friend Sinead. Ended up going to the foundry, women like to dance, Jimmy likes whisky, easy-easy-easy

Got home after 3, and the keys wouldnt work in the door, Kelly the needle had left his keys in the door from the inside, so i had to ring the bstrd to wake him up.

Saturday:
Got to Griag for about midday, and just expanded my arse a bit, quality lounging around. We all went to the Cat Laughs to see Colm Murphy mainly, but the headline was an Aussie guy, and he was great, really funny, came out with the same thing Jenny and I have said about Aussies and their approach to naming monuments (example: Sydney Harbour Bridge - a bridge, in Sydney, over the harbour)

We got back to Graig and went up to Niamh and Maireads new little place (its a hut, i sware to god its a feckin hut!!) Blue Lagoons were consumed by the gallon, myself and Brendan O Brien dispensing with the gay Martini classes and Strawberries in the drinks and man-ing it up!! A great laugh was had, especially when the coady girl's mother said to jenny and aine "Jenny, your beautiful, but Aine, Aine is stunning" It was like all my christmasses and birthdays came at once. Jenny has since vowed to put "Fat Pills" in Aine's food, but seeing how little Aine eats, i doubt it will do any good TBH.

We headed for the Globe then, Celtic Thunder were playing, and we got a nice place there. Had them play "The Boys of Graignamanagh" for Seanin, David and Quinners, it was mad craic!!

--More to follow--

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:11 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

i haven't posted anything activity related in a bit so here goes:

Saturday

Went to see some of the cat laughs, first time i'd been in seven or eight years, bit disgraceful seens as i live within a ten minute walk of it. First show up was four comedians in the venue, stephen k amos from the uk as mc (very funny, gave a 17year old lad and a danish couple some serious abuse), stewart francis from canada (hillarious), david o doherty from dublin (very funny, especially when he busted out the casio keyboard) and the only man to have performed at all 12 years of the festival dom irrera (so funny now i know why they keep bringing him back). after that ran aorund the corner to the clubhouse to see colin murphy, he was decent enough but not as good as any of the previous four.

the lads had the right idea heading back to graigue, town was mental and every pub was sweltering. i met with a few mates from home and limerick in morrisons, drank my own body weight in bottles of heineken, qued for food for an hour in uncle sams (any1 who's every eaten in uncle sams will know i was well under to have stayed for an hour for the privilege of eating that muck) and then headed for home. oh yeah me and 3 strangers woke up about half of larchfield with our "EASY EASY EASY!!" chants at 4am :lol:

Sunday

was invited to jimmys bbq. rang jimmy to make sure they had burger buns, none in kilkenny at all. said he had plenty but no burgers!!that was soon remedied and off we went. got to jims around 1.30, before kelly and doctor for a change, who like to give me unlimited shit anytime i arrive somewhere 30 seconds later than they "what the fuck time do u call this lad??", which was nice. the weather was so warm it wasn't funny, fair play to jen for havin suncream and reminding every1 when to top up. everyone got there and a lot of eating and drinking was done. the chicken marinates that jimmy made got a big thumbs up here i can tell ya. loadsa slagging going on, mainly kelly ribbing davey, jimmy and kieran telling increasingly more embarrassing stories about each other, all good stuff.

headed for town around 8ish i think, lot of stella gone down at that stage, did a pub crawl of mick ryans, mick doyles, christy murphys, barrons and the anglers. twas some laugh all round, the touch not lest ye touched policy came under review, massive handbags were used as parachutes and after murphys i cant remember a whole lot. do remember skipping the whole que in the chipper for two battered sausages, being told by some spudpicker that there was a que but now that had my under the counter sausages i told him

Quote:
sausages are got. it is a dead issue :twisted:

headed back to jimmys gaff for a bit more stella with a side order of shit talk before heading hme around 3. woke up with 4 cans beside my bed the next day 2. woohoo :lol: :lol: oh yeah, 4got the dj hairy gag, i'll leave that 2jimmy thou :lol:

Monday

went to st mullins, hadn't been there in ages, 4got what a nice place it is when the weather is nice, had a pint in blanchfields, saw jimmy waterskiing in an aran sweater :lol: and generally chilled it out for the day