the lads

Bulletin Board for the lads
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:28 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

A quiet weekend of peaceful relaxation and thoughtful repose was not had by yours truly, and thank $deity for that amigos!!!

Friday: I took the day off from work, and made for the big smoke around 1:30, the grandest of traffic was had the whole way to the musical stylings of Alice IN Chains, System of a Down and Metallica.

Once I hit Dublin I made my way in on the Naas Road, going as far as the canal, and making a right. However I got a little bit sidetracked, the feckin luas has made it so that I had to head for the City Centre, and it was Christchurch before I got a right turn I could take. I made it to rathmines in plenty of time though, smiling all the way thanks to Jack Johnson, severe chilling of the out kind being done!!

I parked up in Joans place, Grosvenor Lodge, and stepped into her palatial flat (ive finally accepted that flats in Dublin are shite, but hers is on top of said shite pile)

A few minutes later after a bit of conversation ninger called and said his train was half an hour outside Dublin so we jumped into the car and made for Heuston

We got there 15 minutes before the train, so we waited…

And waited…

And waited some more…

The feckin train was a half hour late (/me grumbles...)

Anyway ninger and bauld DJ jumped into the micra, queue much thumping and slapping from DJ upon myself, Joan barely able to hold the car on the road as 30 stone of getting re-acquainted went on the back of the Micra (uuuu suits you sir!!)

Back to Rathmines we went and got changed, and ready to go to the concert, but first, fodder and pints. So I left DJ and Ninger and headed to Roddy Boland’s to meet Beano and Brendan O Brien, noice!!!

We had a few pints o cider, I had a lovely Cajun Chicken burger, Brendan had a standard lovely burger, and all was well with the world. Until DJ came in…Ah no, only messing, he was grand.

Joan then volunteered (or maybe ninger volunteered her, not sure J) to bring us to the RDS, and in we pilled into the Micra, Ninger and Joan in the front, DJ on the drivers side of the back, Brendan in the middle, and me on the left side of the back, poor Brendan!!!! There was much flexing of muscles, and accompanying crushing of Brendan!!!

Anyway, we went to the RDS and in we went, and literally as we walked through the gates GNR started, Welcome to the Jungle baby!! Oh Yeah

I my opinion they were brilliant, played some new stuff, that sounds pretty good, played loads of classics, one the best moments was Axl wrapped in a Tricolour!! Classic moment indeed

After the concert we walked up to Ranellagh, and went to Russell’s, for a few drinks. I texted Barbara, who was out for beers with work, one of their crew was leaving like, so I headed off and met up with her in the Foggy Dew, a place I must say I could get very fond off. But being that she works with solicitors it was inevitable that some ass-cancer would demand we head to templebar and somewhere “nice”. The fuck-stick in question didn’t even work with Barbara, I found out the next day, and had a penchant of the gayest pink shirts available, the kind of gay shirt that if a gay man say him wearing it he would say to the pink shirt wearer “Dude, don’t be such a fag”

We went to “The Morgan”, this pretentious so far up its own hole it can count its teeth from behind place, not exactly my style, and my opinion went further down hill upon trying to get a drink, the pricks. The less said the better, but I was the scruffiest person there, in my Gods Gift t-shirt, and I was so fucking proud of it words escape me…

After the pints and whisky (cheers babs) we went home.

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:45 am 
Zinfindel
Zinfindel

Ah yes, it was one of those magnificent of Friday evenings. Myself and Ninger decided it that it was a good idea to start the wkend activities on Thursday night after our victorious tag rugby match and consumed many pints of apples and Stella.
Train journey was rough with much beer and cider sweats and the customary 30 min delay outside Dublin in the fecking heat just to finish us off. Finally arrived and were whisked away by the lovely Joan to her abode. Jimmy getting he’s deserved beating on the way back to the flat. The Rest of the night kinda went like this
Shower
Food
Gig (Fecking absolutely brilliant)
Beer
Beer
Beer
Kebab
Oh and I left out watching Jimmy become a thumb tac, (Herself said ton and he abandoned us)

Saturday morning, defying all medical advice myself and Ninger headed for somewhere to watch the Rugby.

After that it was the rain home (Thanking you Beano for the spin in to the station and the Vodka and Coke from the night before)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:51 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Saturday

Got up around 12ish, zipped across to Joans for a shower and my clothes (i had left everything there)

Joan, ninger, Barbara and I headed down to Toast for some needed sustenance!! It was grand, though as Ninger came back to life, my life drained out of me, to the point where i was as useful as a cock flavoured lollipop.

Anyway, we watched the England game, it wasnt great, but then Trinidad & Tobago vs Sweden, brilliant match, think im gonna support Trinidad for the rest of the tournament, absolutle leg-ends!!

We watched that with a sixer of carlton cold each (me & ninger) while joan and barbara sat with us. Major fun had by Ninger and myself!! However joan was less than impressed. Which would have been fair enough, had she not been warned repeatedly by EMAIL that the world cup was on its way, and its a once every 4 years event, and to accept it. Oh well.

I made some calls to rustle up the troops, but everyone was making for town, cept Siobhan Mulvaney, the absolute leg-end she is!!

After pizza and changing (threw on my slutty black shirt, man i love that thing!!!) we ventured to Madisons bar, not too shabby, nice couches (cept the duct tape on one of them), but no bloody atmosphere TBH. Siobhan and her lad Lorcan met us, they were in flying form, and Joans friend Nicola met us there too. I called Rory, but the needle was staying in town, i also contacted Brendain and Schlapps, but it looked like they were going to stay in town aswell.

We went from there to the famous Roddy Bolads (again) and Schlapps, Brendain and Kev Morgan decided to loose their needle staus and join us, and by jaysus were Brendain and Schlapps pissed, like majorly!! Good fun had by all, it was about 4am where we got home!!

Edit - 1209pm Wed 14-June:
I forgot about Brendain and Schlapps coming into Eddie Rockets, the luders, Schlaps with his cheese burger, with cheese, and cheese fries with more chese, the man was like a whitesnake cd, more chese than you can shake a stick at!!!

My Amazon Wishlist

Last edited by jimmy on Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: The MEtallica Set List
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:28 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

1.Creeping Death
2.Fuel
3.Wereever I May Roam
4.The God That Failed
5.The Unforgiven
6.Battery
7.Master Of Puppets
8.Thing That Should Not Be
9.Welcome Home Sanitarium
10.Disposable Heroes
11.Leper Messiah
12.Orion
13.Damage Inc

14.Sad but True
15.NothiNG Else Matters(With Jerry Cantrell)
16.One
17.Enter Sandman
18.Whiskey In The Jar
19.Seek And Destroy

My Amazon Wishlist