the lads

Bulletin Board for the lads
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Another great weekend!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:37 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Last weekend was decidedly sedate, for me, but it was great.

Went up to dublin on friday night, was planning on going to see ninger's flying donkeys playing on saturday. I was staying in barbara's for the weekend, so i went straight there.

Met the rest of barbara's flat mates, nice people far as i can see, one's a geek, the other a chick, and then there's the guy who never leaves his room. Fair nuff!!!

Got up on saturday, and looked out the window, feckin RAIN. I had told ninger that if it was raining i wouldnt head out to the rugger grounds, so barbara and i headed into town, as i am in desperate need of some new skate-shoes

here they are:
We went for a walk around town then, looking for some sunnies, but my head is too massive for any decent pairs, and i didnt see a nice pair of aviators anywhere!!

Went for a stroll through templebar then, strange place!! Found a cool shop with all sorts of things in there, i picked up a book of Bansky's tags around the world, feckin excellent book, quite witty.

And then the sun came out. Nice. I gave serious thought to heading out to see teh rugger, but i was just too feckin lazy after dragging barabara around town for the morning. So we went for a sit down in Stephens Green and then headed back to her's for a little rest and some food!! Excellent. We ordered in Indian, excellent food, no idea what restaurant, so cant pass on any recommendations.

got up real early on sunday, at least 10am :) We headed off to zoo, was cool, i was very impressed by the tigers who mauled the feckin idiot who scaled the fence, all lying in the sun enjoying life, good on you tigers, well done!!!

Saw some grey wolves and some other weird and wacky stuff. Couldnt believe they have 5 rhino's in the place, that most be quite an achievement, considering there's about 12 left in the rest of the world!!! That was about all we got up to, went home to her's after that, and stayed the night again, got up this morning and headed for carlow at about 6:30am (that time does actually exist on clocks in this part of the world!!) It took me about 15 minutes to get to newlads cross so i was sorted!!!

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:27 pm 
Zinfindel
Zinfindel

Reckon I can top anything anyone posts today
Was at a wedding of 2 very good friends of mine who I lived with foryears
Dan 6 years and Lousie 4 years
Got to experience the madness of a Brides house the Day before and Morning of a wedding as I was the chauffer for the bride. Women are nuts
Drank and Danced the night away and when the bell finally tolled at the end of the night, You had myself and the best man the last two souls in the residence bar at 5.45
Strangley enough was up the following morning at 10.30, I smelt breakfast which was much needed. Spent the Day Driving around the Clare coast with " former housemates from West Cork and one of the lads French girlfriend. Sweet. Found a lovely little pub out in the Burren and had one there then back to the Hotel and 20 of us sat down for the biggest dinner I have ever had. It started at 8.30 and we finished at 11, and there was no long wait for food. Again like the night before Myself and Brian the Best man who use to live with me in college as well were the last two left in the bar again, this time even the Porter had gone to bed.
In to work in UL this morning for 9.15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:03 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

went to dublin for the weekend for the all ireland finals in tag rugby at st mary's rfc. was a great day out, we won 3 out of 4 pool games which got us 2nd place in the pool & through to the plate knock out competition. we won our quarter final handy enough but were beaten in the semis by a team we had already beaten in the pool stages.

after the games we headed for the bbq and then i proceeded to drink my own body weight in bottles of tooheys new, carlton cold and heineken. was a good day and night out in st marys, despite the morning looking very bad weather wise, it picked up nicely and by the time the finals came around, the sun was blazing and a few of us got sunburnt :roll: oh yeah and i walked into a lampost on my way home such was my drunken condition :lol:

all in all a good weekend was had by all up there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:54 pm 
Snakebite
Snakebite

You walked into in a real drunken state

or .......

tried to make out with it thinking it was a tall beautiful woman??? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:24 am 
Snakebite
Snakebite

I also had a great weekend, which was very much needed after a long stressful week of teaching. It was Mr Graces (Daniel) bday, after I finished work on Saturday I sped up the freeway to Elle's. We then went over to Pam and Toms and had a few drinks. Then it was all on the party bus, big double decker purple bus, play pretty good music. 60 of us went mental around the city. Older people eating diner looking at us with horror. The bus stopped at carnigies, the hippy club ( where i met a very nice boy), then black betty's( sorry to say dont like that club) so me and kathy left the others and went to met the lads. ( including the nice boy) and the rest is history, as usual got very scuttered stubbled home at some stage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:22 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Bloody hell, so everyone had a great weekend on all corners of the planet.

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:14 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Quote:
You walked into in a real drunken state

yeah was looking back up the road for taxis coming along, turned around and boom!! still it was funny though, spent about ten minutes laughing at myself :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:31 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

That sounds familiar, except substitute bin for lamppost and laughter for clinking of heineken bottles....

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:54 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

everyone's done it at least once in their time alright :wink:
we won't get into walking through back gardens and falling asleep in school grounds again either :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:04 pm 
Zinfindel
Zinfindel

ha ha I even heard about that one Jimm :lol: y

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:06 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Quote:
substitute bin for lamppost and laughter for clinking of heineken bottles....

the glory days of baker place indeed :lol:
never mind destroying the freshly cleaned wood flooring in our sitting room with spilled heineken and garlic&cheese chips :lol: :lol: