the lads

Bulletin Board for the lads
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:04 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Well, me and beano had a great night last night.

Started in Durty's. A friend of beano's met us for a drink, but she, and her friend, werent drinkin, only cokes for them. They left after two drinks, said they had to work, didnt believe them, suspected cider induced commentary was real reason

Then the fun started. Me and dave got chatted up by two 50 year old women. Very scary. Tried hard not to allow conversation to move onto women or relationships or anything that could be interpreted as a "come on". Wondorous conversation about russian tractors was quashed by the bullshit factory that is beano's mouth. Seems, unknown to me, dave is a Porsche salesman. Seemed to impress the ladies. Mistake.

So i had to follow through, said i was big in the security game, not sure why i said that, possibly the comical look the bouncer was giving us.

Eventually they had to go, i suspected their hips were giving them trouble, but not before emotionally scarring me with talk of how young lads go all night long. Shocked expression on my face was met by laughter from the bags, then one said they ment the drinking, not what popped into my head. Then one of the women fell off her chair, and her head landed right on my crotch. Had sudden thought of reaching for the Wire Brush and Detol. They made quick sharp for the exits.

Left durty's, still remarkably sober, probably shock induced by the chat up , bad thoughts and possible loss of genitalia.

We went to Paddy Maguires where we had the privilage to see the worst U2 tribute this side of Mars. By god they sucked. On the upside we met an English babe who brought us to PJ o BRiens (other bar). Unfortunately, had no camera to take her pic, and it was one in the morning, so the bar was tossing out.

Decided to go to Paddy's Tavern. An Irish Club. Looked good on outside, suspect my impression was more based on the english girl saying it was good than the club itself, low cut tops are dangerous things.

Went inside. Got flashback to the Lodge in limerick. Very scary, meat maket type place. Was immediatly jostled by a juggernaut from cork, but remembered that alcohol was needed to made my excusses and ran to the bar.

Got two pints o cider, then got asked to order a bottle of some pinkish drink for the english one. Damn you low cut tops.....

Ordered and ended up paying for the fecker. Beano meanwhile purchased two Jack and Cokes. Interesting choice.

Found out the hard way that the english girl was just looking for drink outta us. She wanted another drink, i wanted a kiss, she said no, we left.

Spent the next hour wandering around sydney, looking for a taxi, feckin hard thing at fourin the morning. got one anyway. Went back to kingsford (where we live), but got out at McDonalds for compulsory fodder. Got fodder, walked home, tried to get into the pub near us (tis 24hr), bouncer was having none of it, so we wlked home. Good night was had by all, though i still feel weird about those pensioners. Feckin hippies

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:18 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

when being chatted up by the elderly, always remember safety first!!
50 year old women, an oz version of the lodge, not getting into a 24hour bar when starving 4pints, tough goin this weekend i'd say!

if i ever go to oz, can i get a job in ur security firm??as long as i have an earpiece and can say not 2nite bud, i'm happy.

Post subject: not 2nite bud
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:58 pm 
Pint
Pint

if you ever join jim's security firm you wont be stopping me at the door. not if i show you 'mister horse'!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:23 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

stop the rock??can't stop the rock u can't stop the rock......

still d best line ever said to a bouncer.ever.
it is a dead issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:31 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

it was a pretty good night. dave got rotten drunk, for a change i was the one who was any way sober, strangely.

Talking about bouncers, remember the night we got into the market cos they thought i was Brent

Oi, brendain, that "horse" beter be wrapped in a fifty by the way, strict dress code, no ginger cork langers!!!

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:45 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

yeah that was class, thought u were going 2slap yer man 4saying it until we realised we were actually getting in2 d place.

u should actually set up a security firm wit brendain as ur head bouncer, that terrorist looking head on him on his id badge wud scare away any wannabe troublemakers quick smart!! :twisted:

thinking about it, me and brendain on the door of a nightclub, be like the two boys on phoenix nights, only skinnier and not as funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:59 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

thats an idea, brendain, if ya have that ID around, scan it in and send it to me

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject: ahh
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:19 am 
Snakebite
Snakebite

Is that all that exists to u jim, clubs and girls ? God anyone would swear your from Graig. Terrible, hehe not really good to see ur havin fun. If ya do end up goin to da gold coast let us know what it's like yea. Its meant to be amazing. Ireland bet the shit out of Australia, it was really embarrasing for aus. Feckin brilliant I tell ya. cocky aussie bastards!!

Last edited by joanne on Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:03 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

now jo, i think you know that if i had my way we'd be having cheese and wine receptions, serving various lobster and crab bisques, with a mandatory shirt and tie dress code (Translation: Da Mind Killer http://www.faolain.net/gallery/Jo_Photos/the_mind_killer?full=1 with cider, everyone in gorilla suits, the ladies in french maid outfits, cheap sparkling wine, in a barn, with coady kai on de decks, straitin up dat back)

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:25 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

ah now jim, don't be slagging off the ould wine and cheese receptions, we had many of those down in 32 coleege court back in d good old days.except they were at 4am, substitute salt and vinegar discos, tayto snaps and supermacs snack boxes for cheese, and sponsored by white zinfandel, d original dry white litre of shite talk.

all in all, a cultural experience of the blurred kind!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:58 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

how did i forget about those ch great discussions cultural events as does Danger Mouse wear anything but his belt, and "women and the lodge", to be chatted up in the lodge or smacked the gob on.... oh them were the good auld days

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:29 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

that hour and a half we had on the comfiest pair of pants you ever owned was an absolute belter as well.

Post subject: yeah sure
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:48 pm 
Snakebite
Snakebite

Boys ur in a class of ur own, utimate height of Sophistication.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:19 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

jo u misssed out not visiting that house when we there, it was like a special olympics version of men behaving badly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:57 pm 
Snakebite
Snakebite

i bet it was ur all very special, can only imagine the mischeif you lot get up to when no one else is around.