the lads

Bulletin Board for the lads
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Darwin Award Entries
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:54 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Those of you who know me, most likely know of my advocacy for a genocide or two on the mass populace, headed of course by yours truly. As such my adoration for the darwin awards is not a shock for anyone. Here are some from the register
Quote:
Two more candidates have thrown themselves into the running for a Darwin Award. The feet of Jason and Sara, both 21, were found protruding from a deflated, huge helium advertising balloon. Jason was a college student, and Sara attended community college, but apparently their education had glossed over the importance of oxygen.

When one breathes helium, the lack of oxygen in the bloodstream causes a rapid loss of consciousness. Some euthanasia experts advocate the use of helium to painlessly end one's life.

The pair pulled down the 8' balloon, and climbed inside. Their last words consisted of high-pitched, incoherent giggling as they slowly passed out and passed into the hereafter.

Sheriff's deputies said the two were not victims of foul play. No drugs or alcohol were found. The medical examiner reported that helium inhalation was a significant factor in their deaths. A family member said "Sara was mischievous, to be honest. She liked fun and it cost her."

Also honoured is the chap from Belize who, well, read on in wonder:
Quote:
Benjamin Franklin reputedly flew his kite in a lightning storm, going on to discover that lightning equals electricity. However, certain precautions must be taken to avoid sudden electrocution. Kennon, 26, replicated the conditions of Ben Franklin's experiment, but without Ben's sensible safety precautions. Kennon was flying a kite with a short string that he had extended with a length of thin copper wire.

The copper made contact with a high-tension line, sending a bolt of electrical lightning towards the man. Just bad luck? Kennon's father told listeners his son was an electrician, and "should have known better." Kennon is survived by his parents, six sisters, and five brothers.

And my favourite. I sware, some people when being born, probably tried to go the other way, but, well, gravity, and those forceps, can be a bitch!!
Quote:
And finally, a round of applause for the Brazilian who "tried to disassemble a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) by driving back and forth over it with a car". The citation continues: "This technique was ineffective, so he escalated to pounding the RPG with a sledgehammer. The second try worked - in a sense. The explosion proved fatal to one man, six cars, and the repair shop wherein the efforts took place."

Credit to The Register

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:18 am 
Snakebite
Snakebite

OH DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!