Old Fart
Old Fart

http://digg.com/music/First_Radiohead_n ... usic_label

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:42 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

something had to give alright, prices of cd and concert tickets have become ridiculous these days, can see more of this happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:51 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Concert tickets will be interesting alright, though i cannot think of a way around them at the moment, but i can see a lot of metal bands following trent and radiohead's lead, perhaps not Metallica, but Maiden might

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:13 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

it'll be interesting to see what happens alright, looks like only very established bands are doing it at the moment i.e ones that don't need the money anymore. ash have said they aren't going to do anymore albums either, just write individual songs as they feel like it and make them available as single downloads.

ticketbastard have a strangelhold with regard to concerts at the moment, i remember back when i was in school pearl jam tried to boycott them and do a us tour without using ticketbastard and they nearly went bust with it, would probably take some new legislation to sort that out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:21 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Yeah, it really is only something that big established bands can do, and there in lies the problem. However if you look at it, getting a site together and offering your tunes on it is almost as simple as just getting a bebo/myspace page going and using the various free file sharing sites.

Record Companies have slipped up, they spent so much time fighting the internet that they have missed it!! :) Im personally delighted!

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:21 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

in my book nin and radiohead are two bands who have their heads so far up their own holes they need IR vision just to get around so if this goes tits up for them i will be personally delighted :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:30 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

Ah no way man. Trent def has his finger more on the tech pulse than any other artist/band out there. He is definately more about the fans than a lot of other bands/artists out there.

My Amazon Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:20 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

can't agree with that at all. no way can you call a guy who has spent the best part of two decades no showing and cancelling gigs and tours at a whim, releasing an album once every 7 years or so and then tacking on an overpriced pointless remix albums all about the fans. my guess is that he has some beef with the record company, said feck this i've my millions made many times over, i'll be all cool with the internet community and tell my fans to steal the album of the net just to rile up the record company. it's like the d4 heads on the steps of the central bank ,"oh, doddy only gave me 2 grand this week".

it's bands on the way up or not fully established yet e.g. Trivium, God Forbid who i feel sorry for in all this. they need the support of the labels to survive and tour but have to put up with having their cds overpriced in the shops. they're not at a point yet where they can tell the record company to bike it, yet have more talent in their big toe than floppy haired tossers like nin and radiohead.