It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: weekend
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:22 am 
Old Fart
Old Fart

started early last weekend:

Thursday:

Played in a tag rugby semi-final out in old crescent against the aib brumbies, we won 14-6, which qualifies us for the limerick final this thursday and the all ireland up in dublin on the 29th. also managed to score a few tries in the match so decided to celebrate by drinking my own weight in heineken. had a few too many out in old crescent, then headed to synnotts for more drunken shite talk. should have headed home then, but ended up goin to the sinbin, had my usual cultural differences with the nice door man, who would have thought my nine year old navy jumper and white runners aren't the required attire at limericks premium night club, needle let me in after a few minutes of debate, and proceeded to drink some of the stinkiest pints of heineken i've ever tasted. was a good laugh in there, fell out of the place around 2.30, stopped in our old maxol stomping ground on the way home, guy behind the counter remembered me from a few years ago, wondered why i wasn't buying wine :lol: fell into bed around 4 after a bit of drunken bedroom confusion.

Friday

lasted from 10.30 til 10.50 in work. sweated a lot. went home to kk early and welded meself to the couch for the night.

Saturday

met the lads in the kilford around 8.30. started laughing at kelly's "haircut" at 8.30. stopped around 10pm. some man for 1man. had a right night in kilkenny, did a pub tour around the town, bounced into breathnachs, biddy earlys, lanigans, morriseys, carrigans and morrisson before gate crashing the residence bar in the kilford with kelly at around 2.30. kelly fell asleep soon enough at the bar and headed for bed but then doc and jimmy came back and spent a good hour trying to persuade me to get married :lol: jimmy then assumed the sleeping position instead of kelly so meself and doc bundled him into the lift and got him into bed after 4. apparently he broke his bed the next day, i'll let him explain that 1 though 8)

Sunday

headed to graigue after 12. we went go-karting, some craic out there, around 18 of us whirring around the track, kelly won at a canter but there was some good competition for the lower positions on the grid. thanks again beano for the L plates, will get great use out of them, ya saved me €3 as well :wink: went 4 beer then after spuds in the duiske with kelly, doc, gerry and beano. headed to barrons and then to the globe, some crowd about for a sunday night. after 12 meself, kelly and beano headed for the cosy, stayed there til 2, kelly was busy plamasing so i had a bit of a chin wag with john coady and catriona keating for a while. we had to deliver a lady in distress to beano's gaff on the way home, v funny, fell into bed around 3.

Monday

had work off. sweated a lot. got back to limerick last night. still drinking water by the gallon load this morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:06 pm 
Snakebite
Snakebite

nex time you sort of plan a long weekend like that one thorw me some notice and i'll turn up like superman :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:53 pm 
Old Fart
Old Fart

will do lad. will be having a quiet time this weekend though, liver and bank balance need a bit of rest&recovery :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:53 pm 
Snakebite
Snakebite

same here. Too many 21st b/days in the last few weeks.

Dam women u got to love to hate them :)