Bulletin Board for the lads
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Baptist Cowboy:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:37 pm 
Zinfindel
Zinfindel

The Baptist Cowboy:

A cowboy walks into a bar in Texas, orders three mugs of Bud and sits in the back room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.

The bartender approaches and tells the cowboy, "You know, a mug goes flat after I draw it, it would taste better if you bought one at a time."

The cowboy replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in Australia, the other is in Dublin, and I'm in Texas. When we all left home, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days we drank together. So I drink one for each of my brothers and one for myself."
The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.

The cowboy becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way. He orders three mugs and drinks them in turn.

One day, he comes in and orders two mugs. All the regulars take notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your loss."

The cowboy looks quite puzzled for a moment, then a light dawns and he laughs. "Oh, no, everybody's just fine," he explains, "It's just that my wife and I joined the Baptist Church in Sweetwater and I had to quit drinking. . .

. . Hasn't affected my brothers though."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:37 pm 
Zinfindel
Zinfindel

John hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to spending the rest of my life, between the legs of my wife!!"
That won him the top prize at the pub for the best toast of the night!
He
went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize for the best toast of the night." She asked, "What was your toast?"
John said, "Here's to spending the rest of my life, sitting in church beside my wife."

"Oh, that is very nice indeed, John!" Mary said. The next day, Mary ran into one of John's drinking buddies on the street corner. The man chuckled leeringly and said, "John won the prize the other night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary." She said, "I know. the idiot told me, and I was a bit surprised myself.

You know, the idiot only been there twice in the last four years. Once he fell asleep inside, and the other time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come! "